Monday, June 19, 2006

My Maypole of life


To me a Maypole is "something" to dance around, something that brings great joy. For me, it was, and remains my father. This has been my second year without my father here with me on Fathers Day. He set a wonderful example for my daughters and I......and many others also. I eventually will figure out this entire blog thing, and post a picture of him. My dad was truly a gift from God, I believe sent to spread joy, and to keep his children safe and warm. I only hope that he knew how much he gave to his family, he deserved that much. He visits me in my dreams when I call out to him, I do know, he is not gone. I do hope I thanked him enough for all that he did for us and for all of the times he was there for me, and I hope I told him enough times how much I loved him. Dad was my Maypole in life, I so enjoyed dancing around him, he surely was a sight to behold!
I love you Dad, for you were my favorite person in the entire world.

2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

It's clear that your relationship with your father didn't end when he passed away. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the world of blogging. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

maxngabbie said...

Velvet Sacks..thanks for the welcome ;) By the way, my daughters are 14!! Twins...life is good, but they drain every bit of mental energy from me, so I go to sleep, and somehow it is replenished. Thank God for that. About my dad, what can I say? Simply the best.