Sunday, June 03, 2007

It makes me sad

There are times I feel as if I'm pounding my head against a wall. I extended my hand to you, without judgement. You shut me out. I know what you do in secrecy. I'll love you no matter what, I'll help you no matter what it takes, but I cannot be silent any more. Your life depends on it. One of my primary goals in life is to keep you alive longer than mom, so she doesn't have to suffer the pain of burying a child. I wish you could feel my love for you, I wish you saw hope. I wish for times gone past, when there was less worry. I wish for my youth, our youth. I wish for the day you taught me to ride a bike without those training wheels, you gave me one good shove, and I was off! What has happened? How could you just stop talking to me? Because I mention getting you help, you forsake me? Lori, it is so not fair. I will love you forever.

1 comment:

Austin of Sundrip said...

Its often hard to hear the truth but it is even harder when the truth comes from a loved one. For some reason it hits harder, deeper. It is my hope that she listens because as you said, her life depends on it.

Our actions are hardly ever our own. We touch people around us so never do I say, "It's my life, leave me alone" because what I do in my life effects those around me but especially those who love me.

I wish you peace of mind, more than that I wish Lori listening ears and a receptive heart.

Austin