Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Aunt Vivian called

she's a fiesty one she is. She needed some info from me. I love to talk with her, trouble is, at 78 years old, she's too busy for long talks. Do I know someone who repairs stained glass? well sure I do. I'm fumbling for phone numbers, anything for her. Sandy, do you remember when you were a little girl, you looked out into my backyard, and pointed to a skinny apple tree and said, could I have one of those trees, please? No Aunt Vivian I don't, but I do remember the horses. When we came to your home, I dreamt of being a "cowgirl". I saved my First Holy Communion money to buy myself a pair of ACME boots, tan suede. I put many miles on those boots, strutting up and down my city block.
OK honey, I gotta go, I've got a customer waiting in the barn for me, I love you. I love you too Aunt Vivian.

No comments: