Monday, February 16, 2009

Acquire the Fire

At the beginning of last week He was wispering to me, their hearts will be filled with the Holy Spirit, I trusted, and He came through. These past months, what felt like an eternity, have been exhausting. Satan is the great lier, and he has been reeking havoc in our home. I'll bet after this past weekend he is really pissed off. (insert smileys here) I admit it was nice to have the girls away this weekend, so Jim and I could reconnect, go out to dinner, watch a few movies, to be a couple again. God rained so much joy down this weekend, I can barely process it all. While Jim and I were having dinner, I received the first of many text messages from my daughters while they were away with their youth group. I was a bit surprised they would even contact me, being that they were at a huge concert and workshop with thousands of other Jesus freaking teens. But they had "good news" to share with mama.
First text..."mom, this morning we had a session for girls about purity, etc. and a speaker had everyone come down who was unpure or wanted to make renewal pledge to god, so I went down cause even though (ex-boyfriends name here) and I never had sex, I feel like he took my purity and I could never have it back, but they blessed us and prayed over us, I knelt before God and bawled my eyes out, I'm pure and I always will be from this day forward until marriage...God worked in me today mom."
How many mom's get a text like that during dinner?! Many text's followed....I won't bore you with the specifics, but they had forgiven me. I had such a peace over me this weekend, normally when they are away from me, I admit I get a bit anxious. God had been wispering to me this past week that He had it all under control, as He always does. I gave my daughters to Him this weekend, body and soul. He being the perfect parent protected them, loved them unconditionally, forgave them and renewed them. I think their mom was renewed also.
Oh, the mystery...I can barely wrap my head around it, but my heart is bursting!

1 comment:

Soulful said...

That is truly awesome and to have it happen over Valentine's weekend is beautiful. God delivered your breakthrough it seems. One of many beautiful breakthroughs to come. (insert smiley here.)