Saturday, October 25, 2008

I had you smiling this morning, I know I did! I spent an hour, a well spent hour, waking you to go to sis's regional meet, I plugged your nose trying to place a candy corn in your mouth. You laughed. My heart sang!! Little things make me smile, little things matter right now. Keep pressing on sis, God is so good.
Thank you to those who have prayed. A customer came into the store and knew (from the way I appear I'm sure) that I am worn, anyway this customer said to me, If I had a million dollars I'd give it to you, to make things better. I thanked that person. But who I really am, thought to myself, a million dollars is nothing, nothing at all. But for those of you whom have offered my concerns up to God, and have actually prayed for our family, YOU have helped make a difference. Prayer is powerful. God is so good.
Thank you Lord for listening to our prayers, my Amanda will be fine. Please continue to help her grow into the young woman that would please you, and praise you. Thank you for showing us light in this dark period. Our God is an awesome God.

2 comments:

Soulful said...

Candy corn - God works through anything. He is awesome. I pray the laughter grows.

Linda@VS said...

It's been a long time since you've posted, so I was pleased to see three new posts -- and then saddened as I read them. Nothing is harder than seeing our children in pain, and my heart aches for both of you, all of you.

The myth that is fed to so many young people is that the teen years are the best years of their lives, and I think the expectations inherent in that message cause a lot of harm. The teen years are HARD. Sure, there are fun times, but there are painful episodes, too, and the hurts can be much bigger than anything a teen has faced before.

With God's help, and your help, your daughter will get through this, and the sheer knowledge that she lived through this dark period will make her stronger. Next time she feels these feelings, they won't seem so frightening or unmanageable to her.

The candy-corn inspired laughter sounds like a sign that she's turned a corner. Please add my prayers to the list of those coming your way.