Monday, April 09, 2007

I have but a moment here...

I was 37 years old when I first was struck by actually knowing, and feeling "someone" gave their one and only Son up for us. It hit me DEAD square between the eyes. I wept for a very long time, I suppose because my girls were only 4 1/2 years old, when this hit me. Could I have given my children up? No, would be my answer, I'm not God. When I actually KNEW that God had done this, and understood the sacrifice, is when it finally dawned on me, after so many, many years, how truly great He is! To me, this is truly the most beautiful season of all. Thank you God, for your gift.

1 comment:

Austin of Sundrip said...

Yeah, the sacrifice was a great one. Not many understand that the main sacrifice was from God himself and that sacrifice was his son. But the one who willingly gave his life is Jesus Christ. Without the loyalty and love for his father and for the future of life he never would have done what he did. It's this ransom sacrifice that means we as humans have hope. Despite the recent slayings, despite 9/11, despite the tsunamis and deteriorating earth all of humanity has hope because of this ransom sacrifice.

I'm not going to give you the speech about this is the sign of the times because my only point is that the ultimate hope for pain is the sacrifice you speak of in this entry.

Austin