Thursday, March 15, 2007

What I want my friend to know, but don't want to tell her.

My dearest friend Pam,
These past 5 weeks I have witnessed a woman whom is highly educated, and spiritually rich, torn down to a little girl. I am so very sorry both you and Lauren lost Don. I am afraid for you, because you are afraid. My heart breaks for you, because your heart is broken. I weep for you, because you weep. Since my dad died Pam, I have not wanted to stumble for words to comfort anyone, like those who stumbled for me. There is nothing I can say to erase what happened, or to erase your pain. I can listen though, and I will. I'm having a hard time looking into your eyes, as you are into mine. I know we talk, but really we're saying nothing. But it's when our eyes meet, so much is said, but it hurts too much. I feel so very sorry for you Pam, unbelievably sorry. I wish like a child would wish, that this never would have happened! Pam, when I see you, although you are trying to function in your day, all I see is a grown woman curled into a fetal position. I pray with every fiber of my being, that you feel Gods loving arms around you, I pray you feel Him holding you up, and supporting you. I pray for time...months to fly by, so there will be distance from the accident. I pray this doesn't harden you, or Lauren. I will not forsake you as a friend, I promise. I'm sorry , so sorry, that I'm having a hard time looking into your eyes, I'm trying. I'm just scared, scared that if this could happen to Don, it could happen to my Jim.......reality I guess, I thought we were to young to be widows, guess not.
I love you Pam.


2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

What a difficult and thought-provoking situation this. I know it means a lot to your good friend that you're there for her, and I think that when she feels like looking you in the eye and talking about her loss, you'll be able to look right back and listen. It just may take some time for both of you to get to that place.

I wanted to tell you how moved I was by the post about your father, but the comments feature must be turned off on that one. I mostly wanted to say that your girls are old enough to recognize the kind of relationship you had with your dad, and that'll stay with them. When it comes time for them to choose a man to father their own children, they'll have an idea of what kind of man to look for.

Must also add that I'm delighted to come here and find out you've written so much lately. You go, girl!

Austin of Sundrip said...

here here for Velvet. We set an example for our children. We show them how to love by the relationships we are in. It seems your father was a good man and there has to be that goodness in the heart of your girls.

Austin