Monday, July 03, 2006

Independence Day 2006

The town I live in, is in Michigan. We hold the most awesome July fourth celebration, it lasts a total of 5 days, beginning with a fair, and wrapping up with 3 days of fireworks. The final night of fireworks lasts around 45 minutes, it surpasses Detroit by a long shot. We are very blessed in my community to have so many people give their time and money to make all of this happen. You can view the sky from as far as 10 miles, words cannot describe the explosions in the night sky. I love to go with my family and sit as close as possible, I want to feel the rumbles, and smell the gun powder, and feel the energy of the crowd. The water-way is jam packed with boats, the entire city is so full of life. Around 250,000 people come to our town to witness this grand show. The final song they play during the grand finale is "God Bless America" the words bring tears to my eyes, "God bless America, my home sweet home". I could not imagine living elsewhere, this country is not perfect, but by God, it doesn't get any better than this.

3 comments:

Linda@VS said...

You've described the perfect, all-American Independence Day. I could imagine being there.

patsy said...

next forth I will look north and see if I can see your fire works.

Linda@VS said...

OK, I know you've been busy sending out absolutely gorgeous jewelry for a certain benefit auction, but come on, now...write something else for us, will ya please? I was starting to get spoiled here.